Announcement: The Forecast for Yesterday
Hard to believe, but it has been 2-1/2 years since I self-published my first book of poetry (Writing into the Sunset) on lulu.com. Many things have changed, and many have stayed the same. There's lots of beauty to be found in each condition, so I write. It helps me to find clarity about things, keep perspective on what's important, and, like my photography, to stop and enjoy the view once in a while.
This new book, entitled "The Forecast for Yesterday", is smaller than the first. With the next MacIntosh family reunion looming, I felt the need to wrap up this particular chapter and start a new one. It has turned out to be a good break point, since the last poem in the book is one of my more complicated and satisfying ones. Lots of times, the draft version and final version of my poems are very similar, but in this case the draft was just a launching pad for four days of editing and re-editing, and I really enjoy the final product.
The cover image is one of my own photos, like the first book. This one is from my trip to the Grand Canyon last year, which happened to coincide with a fire on the North Rim and therefore created this hazy abstract landscape that I found sublimely fascinating.
Feel free to drop by the website: http://www.lulu.com/swingle (there's a link in the right sidebar) and check it out. I hope you all are well, feel free to e-mail me and keep me up with your current events!
This new book, entitled "The Forecast for Yesterday", is smaller than the first. With the next MacIntosh family reunion looming, I felt the need to wrap up this particular chapter and start a new one. It has turned out to be a good break point, since the last poem in the book is one of my more complicated and satisfying ones. Lots of times, the draft version and final version of my poems are very similar, but in this case the draft was just a launching pad for four days of editing and re-editing, and I really enjoy the final product.
The cover image is one of my own photos, like the first book. This one is from my trip to the Grand Canyon last year, which happened to coincide with a fire on the North Rim and therefore created this hazy abstract landscape that I found sublimely fascinating.
Feel free to drop by the website: http://www.lulu.com/swingle (there's a link in the right sidebar) and check it out. I hope you all are well, feel free to e-mail me and keep me up with your current events!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home